is a week of performance and study for advanced clarinetists that culminates in three public concerts. Participants include college clarinet majors, music teachers, young artists, and other adult players, as well as the rare teen who is playing at college level or beyond. It's the ideal place for growing your own performance skills, helped by a superb professional support team. Set new goals, explore new techniques, break-through to more refined musicianship, and get a "check up" with respected teachers!
What can you expect to do at the Festival?
• Appear as a soloist in two public concerts
• Rehearse daily with a superb
• Work one-on-one in lessons with festival
clarinet coaches, Dr. Margaret Thornhill
and/or Dr. Wendy Mazon
• Perform in a masterclass with
• Rehearse and perform an evening of new
works with a high-quality clarinet ensemble
• Take a group Alexander Technique lesson
...clarinets playing together are indeed delightful - musical champagne, bubbly and crisp, perfect on a summer afternoon or evening.
Claremont Courier (mobile site) July 5, 2013